RMCHCS promotes health and well-being for all members of our community. Small lifestyle changes may make a big difference in staying healthy, such as healthy eating and exercise. Our nutrition department has registered dieticians who are specialists in nutrition and help people make positive lifestyle changes to improve their health.
Good nutrition can help you:
- Prevent diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and certain types of cancer
- Stay as healthy as possible when medical problems do exist
- Control weight
- Decrease fequency of illness
- Decrease stress
- Feel better and have more energy
- Live longer
How to schedule an appointment with a registered dietician:
- Ask your provider to write a referral for outpatient nutrition education.
- After the dietician receives the referral, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment.
Will insurance cover the cost of nutrition services?
- In many cases, health insurances will cover the cost of outpatient nutrition services. As with all insurances, individual policies will vary. Make sure you contact your insurance company for details.
- Medicare will cover some costs for nutritional counseling for patients with diabetes and kidney disease.
For more information, contact the nutrition department at 505.863.7267