PACU- RN - OPERATING ROOM
POSITION SUMMARY: The PACU RN is responsible to the Director, Surgical Services, Clinical Coordinator or Manager to provide age appropriate and culturally sensitive, supportive care to infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric pre-operative and post operative patients. Duties are of considerable difficulty and based on a thorough knowledge of interrelatedness of body systems and the PACU RN's ability to effectively interact with patients, their designated support person(s), and other healthcare team members, while maintaining the Practice Standards of ANA, AORN, ASPAN, and/or other relevant Professional Nursing Standards and Recommended Practices.
• Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing or Diploma.
• BSN preferred.
• At least 2 years PACU Nursing experience in a hospital or outpatient surgical unit.
• Competency is evaluated based on assessment of the nurse's ability to utilize the nursing process in the care of perioperative patients.
• Duties are of considerable difficulty.
• Ability to read, communicate, and document effectively through oral, written, or electronic means. Previous computer experience and excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to prioritize and respond promptly to a changing workload.
• Current New Mexico RN license or compact state RN license required.
• CPR / BLS certification required (within three (3) months of hire if not current)
• ACLS certification required (within six (6) months of hire if not current)
• PALS or ENPC certification required (within six (6) months of hire if not current)
• CNOR or ASPAN Preferred
• Successful completion of Basic Dysrhythmia if no previous experience of reading cardiac rhythms. Additional Information Position Type : Full Time Shift : Day Contact Information
Brian Lalio - HR Generalist/Recruiter