ECHO/ULTRASONOGRAPHER - DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Director, Diagnostic Imaging performs procedures at a technical level not requiring direct supervision. Trained to work with adolescents, adults and geriatrics in professional manner. Sonography images are highly operator dependant and therefore, require considerable and extensive knowledge / skills in ultrasound techniques, physical principles / instrumentation, anatomy and physiology along with related positioning for Trans-thoracic echo. Organizational skills, independent judgment and ability to improvise are essential. PC experience preferred.
• Requires completion of an AMA or CAEHEP approved school and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience as accepted by ARDMS or other accrediting agencies.
• Specified training in Adult/Echo Ultrasound methods and procedures is also required.
• Requires one (1) year in vascular imaging of the arteries or venous Doppler flow for upper and lower extremities.
• Requires one (1) year in General ultrasound to include small body parts of upper, lower abdominal area including pelvic area for females and moles.
• Must have considerable knowledge of ultrasound equipment and procedures.
• Ability to follow and interpret written and verbal orders.
• Ability to evaluate patients as to technique for performing procedures.
• Must be able to recognize consequences of error and cope with stressful situations.
• Must be able to work within the department and maintain confidentiality.
• Requires completion of an AMA approved school and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience as accepted by accrediting agencies.
• Specified training in echocardiogram methods and procedures is also required.
• Must be a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer within 1 year of hire.
•Licensure & Certifications:
• School of Radiologic Technology certificates and registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) are required.
• Maintain certification/verification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
• Basic Life Support is also required.
Additional Information Position Type : Full Time Shift : Other Contact Information
Anna Toledo - Human Resources Specialist/Recruiter
Rehoboth McKinley Christian Health Care Services
1901 Red Rock Drive
Gallup, NM 87301